Indoor TV antenna provides you with the privilege of watching free OTA channels without the need for a cable subscription. But similar to any other electronic device, they also come along with their own sets of pros and cons. Let us explore few of them so as to make it easier for you to decide on the right option while finalising a TV antenna.
- Money saver: One obvious benefit is that it helps in saving the cost of cable subscription each month. The only expense you would have to bear is of the antenna itself which is one time. These TV antennas pick up local channels for free of cost so that you enjoy free programming without the worry of monthly cable bill.
- Channel selection: Cable TV provides you with endless channels. Most of them you have not even heard about or even barely know about it. At the end you think why you paying money for something that you have not even watched or know about. Watching TV with an antenna allows you to choose your channels. Even if you go in for a cheap TV antenna, you get most of the local channels. So you do not lose out on anything. Instead you are free from the clutter and watching only the ones you require.
- Easy to install: One of the best part of compact and portable TV antenna is that they are quite affordable and also easy in terms of installation. By now, you are well aware that a TV antenna helps to save you hefty amount but at the same time the device is also very much affordable. Also the installation part is easy hence you do not need to hire someone to get that work done.
- Varied channels: TV antenna provides you with all of the local channels such as sports, news, weather, cooking shows and educational ones. It will allow you to explore newer channel options just for free. Also by changing the direction of the antenna and performing a re-scan allows for expanding the availability of the channels even further.
- More productivity: When you have a TV antenna, you would only reach out to the TV for watching your favourite shows. Hence there would be no useless scrolling of channels and wasting time. Instead you can spend your time in doing something more productive or spending quality time with family.
- Unable to watch premium channels: One drawback of TV antenna is that you do not get premium channels such as Showtime or HBO. You would need to pay and get access to these channels.
- Finding signal becomes challenging: One of the most important challenge for indoor TV antenna is to find the right signals. If there are obstructions in between such as trees and buildings, then getting the signal becomes trickier. Spot near the window or attic is ideal.
- Availability of channels is based on the location: You only get those channels that are available in your area. At times you may not even get certain broadcasted channels which you would have got through cable subscription.
- Commercials: Free TV does not mean shows minus commercials. You may still need to watch your favourite shows with commercials. If you go in for streaming services such as Hulu or Netflix, then the commercials are waived off. Antenna means a regular TV watching experience hence advertisements are part of it.